Back in 2008 I followed a lifelong dream of starting a business.
The icing on the cake was that the business allowed me to work from home and get a dog, my Bailey boy! The furry guy in the picture with me.
That dream became The Blue Jeans VA, where I focused on the Virtual Assistant world.
As the business grew I realized my passion and enjoyment came from diving into WordPress and figuring out how to get the code to work the way I wanted. Today I can get lost in code for hours testing different settings, tweaking the site to get the function and style I'm looking for. For me this is the best and most fun way to learn.
Through the years my focus has continued to narrow to what you see today, Trail Guide WebWorks, a WordPress Consulting and Website Development company.
It has opened amazing doors to work even closer with my clients and create a collaborative development approach, to help you create a WordPress Website:
- Is something you are proud to show and talk about
- Grabs and keeps your website visitors attention
- You can get into to make quick changes and add new blog posts
- To help you meet your business goals
I want to make the process of developing a website into something that you don't dread and put off, and maybe even enjoy!? Wouldn't that be cool.
In the Media
Free Agent Uprising Interview
Click here to here my interview with Kevin Miller on the Free Agent Uprising Podcast (formerly the Free Agent Underground Podcast)
Experience the Nature Effect at Get S'More Outdoor Podcast Interview
A fun interview with Brett Traudt on the Nature Effect and how getting outside to explore is important for me, my business, and of course my dog! Podcast Interview: Click here
The Fun Stuff - things you probably should know
- I'm a HUGE SciFi fan - I remember the first time I saw Star Wars. I was completely and utterly hooked. Today my DVD collection, movie choices, Netflix que, and personal Pinterest boards all show my nerdy side! Be forewarned, a movie quote or reference could easily pop into a conversation with me. Please don't be offended if I call you a Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder :).
- I was born and raised in Oregon (with a 3 year stint in Alberta, Canada as a kid).
- My favorite nickname is Auntie Marta – its a good thing too! I have 11 nieces and nephews, and when you add-on my friends’ kids it brings the total up to 17 :).
- I'm a sucker for dogs, some day I wouldn't mind a whole pack of em'!
- Whenever I get the chance I love to take Bailey on a hike, go camping, and explore Oregon. You can click here to see a video of one of our adventures.
- I am a hobby photographer, so my camera goes with me while exploring. You can see some of my photography over here.
- Dark chocolate over milk (unless it is Lindor milk chocolate then it is a tie).
- I am a strong believer in continuing education. As a result, I tend to be in the middle of several books or training courses at one time.
- I'm a published author! I have 2 Kindle Books here and here, a printed version of my picture book here and a companion journal here. Self-publishing is rather addicting!
Thanks for stopping by!